Here you'll find an overview of the different Gems you can collect in the game, their different cuts, values and more.
Collect all Gem types to complete this challenge. Upon completion the rarest Gem Cut shape will become available: The Heart-shaped Cut.
- Collect 10 types in total, 10% per type.
A sim can use lifetime happiness points to purchase a Collection Helper, which will assist in finding Gems and other collectibles.
- Gems can be picked up using the "Collect" action when you find Raw Gems laying on the ground around the neighborhood.
- You can also find Gems by rummaging in peoples' trash.
- Gem spawns are not linked to the number of Gems your sim has already found, instead certain Gems will spawn in particular locations and cannot be spawned elsewhere. Each location can have several Gems that can spawn there at different rates and times.
- In order to collect both of the extraordinarily rare Gems you will need to collect a LOT of gems - happy hunting!
- The Gemcutter can sometimes return a gem uncut and say it's the Mysterious Mr Gnome in disguise. He's a funny little guy.
Pink Diamonds are commonly found in the Catacombs at the Graveyard.
- To increase the value of a Gem you can send it to the Gem-cutter, who will cut your Gem into the Cuts listed below.
- You always start with the Emerald Cut, and gain cuts and value by cutting your Gems further.
- Certain Cut types require x number of cuts before they become available - the more valuable the more cuts required.
- Cutting a Gem is not always worth the investment. The table below lists both when you break even with a particular Cut, and when a Cut begins yielding better profit than the previous Cut.
Sometimes the Gem-cutter will return an uncut Gem. This means you've stumbled upon one of Sims 3's Special Items: The Mysterious Mr. Gnome.
- Average profit in parentheses. This is calculated using the following formula:
(Minimum uncut cost x Cut multiplier - Cut cost) + (Maximum uncut cost x Cut multiplier - Cut Cost) / 2
- Highest average profit per Gem type in bold.
With World Adventures comes new gems to collect for your sims, from the 3 different destinations and in the base neighbourhood. There is also a new cut but it's only for the Geode and Septarian Nodule.
|Image||Cut||Cost||Worth Change||Break Even||Better Profit||Requirement|
|Polished Split||§45||240%||§33 or above||Geode & Septarian Nodules only|
Tiberium is a radioactive energy source and having it in Sim's inventory can cause radiation sickness. The moodlet is -25, and while it may make your Sim feel bad, it cannot kill them. Your sim can find Tiberium on the ground on the different destinations but it's very rare, from the relic shop in Egypt. They can also get it from breaking space rocks and from transfiguring with the display case.
It is said that raw, uncut tiberium can grow on its own without doing anything special to it if it has seen some travel time. It also is said that travel is the key here, as the tiberium you get from breaking space rock blocks at home doesn't seem to grow on its own. So, you'll generally not need to cut it if you got it from adventuring.
Tiberium comes with 2 cuts available, the Spire Cut, cost §6500, and the Heartshaped Cut, cost §1000. If you want the best value and not spend too much, the heart cut is the best as it's the cheapest. It still purifies the tiberium as the Spire cut does and allows it to grow into a large spire cut with a massive value.
It is said that if you then place the Tiberium on the ground it will in a few days be worth up to around §40.000!
With World Adventure comes a new item transformation/transfiguration for your sims and it is called Transformation mechanic and it's irrevirsible, the cost is §500. With combinations of gems, metals and relics and a the total value of these, your sim can get bigger gems in different cuts or even a Mysterious Mr Gnome!
With different combinations and values your sim can get for example:
- Large Gems - Fill the case with cut gems.
- Skull Cut Gems - Fill the case with 5 types of cuts
- Large Ingots - Fill the case with all the same type Ingots
- Any Cut/Gem - Fill the case with gems that do not fulfill the condition above.
- Compendium - Fill the case with 2-4 types of Ingots
- Mysterious Mr Gnome - Fill the case with mostly Ingots
- Mummy Teddy Bears - Fill the case and have at least a bar of Mummitomium and do the transfigurating between 1am and 5 am.
- A bottle of Nectar with high value.
And several more...
Try and experiment with different combinations and values of the gems or metals and see what you can get! You can stack the ingots to increase the value. Remember that the higher total value you have of the items on the displaycase, the greater items you get.
When using the bigger Carter Display case XL, 5 Spire cut Tiberium and 3 other gems with the same color you might get lucky and get a gem with a Spire cut the fist time you try. But it can be hard and you have to try several times to get the result you want. Save the game just before the transformation and if you don't get the result you want, just go back to the main menu without saving and start again. You might have to try several times so be patient.
You may also like:Mysterious Mr. Gnome