Fishing Skill Overview
Once you catch a fish, it is automatically logged in your journal with weight and length. Fishing can help keep food on the table for less and a Sim with good cooking skills can do much with a fresh caught fish. Each fish has a favorite type of Bait. You can learn what fish like which bait by experimenting with different types of Bait. Obviously as your Skill increases, so will the quality of your catch.
Fish bait can be purchased at the grocery store or grown at home. Some fish need to be caught first in order to use as bait for bigger fish. The higher the quality of the bait, the larger the caught fish will be. Once caught, fish can be used in cooking meals, as plant fertilizer, as bait or better still given a name and kept in a fishbowl at home! You can also mail your fish off to be mounted on a board so that you can hang it in your home. It will come back by return mail the next day.
For a detailed list of all of the fish, what they look like in bowls and on the wall as well what you need to catch them, check out the Fish Guide.
With No Skill you can catch Commonly caught Minnows and Anchovy.
- Level 1 Can Catch Commonly caught Goldfish, Uncommonly caught Alley Catfish.
- Level 2 Can Catch Commonly caught Jellyfish and Commonly caught Rainbow Trout.
- Level 3 Can Catch Commonly caught Red Herring and Commonly caught Tuna.
- Level 4 Can Catch Uncommonly caught Piranha and Uncommonly caught Tragic Clownfish.
- Level 5 Can Catch Commonly caught Siamese Catfish and Uncommonly caught Blowfish.
- Level 6 Can Catch Commonly caught Salmon and Commonly caught Black Goldfish..
- Level 7 Can Catch Uncommonly caught Shark and Commonly caught Swordfish
- Level 8 Can Catch Uncommonly caught Angelfish and Rarely caught Vampire Fish.
- Level 9 Can Catch Rarely caught Robot Fish and Commonly caught Lobster.
- Level 10 Can Catch Rarely Caught Deathfish.
Location you can catch them and Bait Preferred
|Minnow||Lakes and Oceans||Apple|
|Alley Catfish||Lakes and Oceans||Cheese|
|Red Herring||Lakes and Oceans||Hot Dogs|
|Tragic Clownfish||Lakes and Ocean||Bell Pepper|
|Siamese Catfish||Lakes and Ocean||Minnow|
|Shark||Lakes and Ocean||Red Herring|
|Angelfish||Lakes and Ocean||Alley Catfish|
|Vampire Fish||Lakes and Ocean||Garlic|
|Robot Fish||Science Facility||Piranha|
|Lobster||Lakes and Ocean||Tuna|
World Adventures Fish
|Frogs||France||Cherimola Blan Grape|
|Dragon Fish||China||Tancho Koi|
Late Night Fish
|Kissing Gourami||Saltwater & Freshwater||Goldfish|
|Sewer Trilobite||Saltwater & Freshwater||Minnow|
|Sea Sludge||Saltwater & Freshwater||Links (Hot Dogs)|
- Amateur Ichthyologist - Amateur Ichthyologists have caught at least one of every fish type. With this skill they are more likely to catch bigger fish.
- Commercial Fisherman - Commercial Fishermen have caught at least 350 Fish. They have an easier time catching fish in less time.
- The Deathfish can only be caught between 12AM and 5AM and only on the graveyard.
- The Easily bored, Hates Outdoors, or Clumsy trait dampen the ability to catch fish.
- You can make quite a bit of cash selling "Sea Kittens" at the local market.
- Once you reach Level 10 you can catch any fish with any bait.
You may also like: